Responsable équipe ST2E
+33 (0)2 40 37 39 12
Fonctions actuelles / Current
- CNRS senior researcher DR1 (Section15 - Chimie des matériaux, nanomatériaux et procédés)
- Responsible of the Group "Electrochemical Energy Storage and Transformation“ at the IMN
- "Chargé de mission régional" of the Project "CEA-Tech in the Region Pays-de-la-Loire” (InnovationAccelerator for Pays-de-la-Loire Industries) for the CNRS headquarters in Paris
- President of the International Battery Materials Association (IBA)
- 1990-92: Invited researcher at Bellcore, NJ, USA
- 1985: PhD thesis ("Doctorat d'Etat es-Sciences Physiques") at the University of Paris VI
- 1980: Engineer degree from the "Ecole Supérieure de Physique et Chimie de Paris" (ESPCI)
- 2016: The ECS Technology Award for "Development of Innovative Battery Materials and Devices by Coupling Basic and Applied Research"
- 2010: The ECS Research Award for "Highly Innovative Research in Li Batteries"
- 2008: The French Academy of Sciences Research Award for "Application of Sciences to Industry"
- 2007: The IBA Research Award for "Outstanding Research on Lithium Battery Materials"
- 1994: R&D Magazine Award for "Development of the rechargeable carbon/LiMn2O4 battery"
Thèmes de recherche (Research Themes)
- Electrochemistry, Solid State Chemistry, Materials Science, Solid State Electrochemistry, Surface & Interface Science, Li-ion Batteries, Non-Aqueous Electrolytes, Li Metal Polymer Batteries, Solid State Batteries, Beyond Li-ion Batteries (Li-S, redox flow, organic), Supercapacitors
- 2015-…: Member of the Steering Committee of the ARMOR-IMN Industry-Academic Common Laboratory
- 2014-…: President of the International Battery Materials Association (IBA)
- 2014-…: Member at large of the ECS Battery Division Steering Committee
- 2012-…: Member of the Board of Directors of the Pôle de Compétitivité “Smart Electricity Cluster” (the Competitive Cluster for Managing Electric and Thermal Energies)
- 2012-14: Chairman of the ECS Battery Research Award Committee,
- 2011-14: Member of the Scientific College and of the Steering Committee of the RS2E (French Network on Energy Storage). Responsible for the IMN
- 2011-13: Member of the Steering Committee of the ANR Program on Materials and Processing
- 2010-14: Vice-President of the IBA
- 2010-12: National Pilot on Energy Storage at the National Alliance of Energy Research Coordination (ANCRE)
- 2007-10: Member of the Steering Committee of the Regional Research Program on Energy
- 2006-10: Member of the Board of Directors of the IBA
- 2006-09: Member of the Board of Directors of the Faculty of Sciences and Techniques of Nantes University
- 2004-07: Member of the ECS Battery Technology Award Committee.
Animation de la recherche (Research Community Activities)
- 2012-…: Member of the Scientific Committee of the PIA (Project on Investment for Future) Tours-2015
- 2011-15: Member of the Orientation Scientific Committee of the OMNT (Office for Micro & Nano Technologies) of the CEA-CNRS network
- 2010-…: Member of the Scientific Council of the Alistore-ERI European Network on energy storage. Responsible for the IMN
- 2009-14: Member of several ANR Scientific Evaluation Committees : Stock-E, Emergence, Défi Descartes, Energy
- 2009-12: Member of the Scientific Council of the Faculty of Sciences and Techniques of Nantes University
- 2005-…: Member of International Advisory Board of various Conferences: Euroconference on Ionics,Japan-France Joint Seminars on Lithium Batteries, LiBD, Pacific Power Source Symposia, IBA, Spain-French workshops on Solid State Physics and Chemistry, CIMTEC, COFMER, IMLB, EMN Meetings on Batteries, ABAA
- Organization or Co-Organization of International Conferences after 2003: ECS Symposia in USA 2003 & Mexico 2014 & Phoenix 2015 & Hawaii 2016 & National Harbor 2017 & Cancun 2018, Japan-France Conf. in France 2004 & Japan 2006 & France 2016, Co-chairman of Euroconference on Ionics in France 2007, ICC3 in Japan 2010, Fall MRS in USA 2010, ICACC in USA 2011 & 2012, Chairman of LiBD in France 2011, IBA in USA 2012 & Spain 2013 & Australia 2014 & France 2016 & Japan 2017 & Korea 2018 & San Diego 2019
Enseignement (Teaching Responsibilities)
- 2010-… : Cours "Stockage de l'Energie" à l’Ecole Centrale de Nantes (2e année)
- 1993-2017 : Cours "Accumulateurs" au M2 ENR de Nantes
As of August 2017 :
- ISI Web of Science, August 2017 : H-index = 44, 233 peer reviewed publications, >8950 citations
- 325 articles including 233 peer-reviewed publications and 34 patents
- 90 invited international conferences (5 plenaries, 8 keynotes), 73 invited seminars